Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Veggie Garden Update

Here are the latest shots of my veggie garden. With my travel and remodeling, I have been busy and haven’t had time to “walk the land.” My earth spirit helpers have indicated this is an important means of connecting to the earth. When I do it, I am in touch with all the fairies, devas and have a good idea what’s going my garden and its needs.

Being human I got distracted, only to discover the sprinklers weren’t working on my squash plants. Yikes! Poor things were droopy and yellow. I pictured them before planting as a beautiful flowing river of green leaves, and as you can see they are a bit pitiful. I am currently nurturing them back to health.

The rest of the veggies seem to be well. My heirloom tomato plants have lots of tomatoes, and the red cherry and yellow plum tomatoes have lots of “babies.”

The biggest producer so far has been the white zuccinni and the cucumber. The eggplant is doing well also. Check out my early summer “bountiful” basket of basil, tomatoes and cucumbers.

No comments: