Monday, June 30, 2008

Give Up the Ghost!

James is a huggable, loveable gent that I have been working with for several years. He lives in a charming Victorian four-plex in the upper Fillmore District of Pacific Heights in San Francisco. He was remarking to me how many problems he had with one of his units. He indicated he always felt very uncomfortable walking into the apartment and had problems with tenants.
Even though a very attractive space with beautiful natural light, James said it felt lonely, uninviting and forlorn. He also indicated the last few tenants had developed drug or alcohol problems, which seemed like a strange coincidence. These problems caused emotional and financial hardship for James, and he was very concerned when the apartment needed to be rented again. He asked me to investigate the problems and do a clearing and blessing of the property.
James also stated he never felt safe and secure in his own apartment downstairs and the property as a whole. He was not worried about robbers or prowlers; he just felt the building was somehow unsafe. It was always in his mind that he should move because he never felt at home there.
Generally before I step foot on a property, I meditate on it first to check out the energy and invoke my guides and angels for support and protection should I encounter anything of a shadow nature. I meditated and then headed out on a sunny Friday for my next land adventure.
The first thing I did was walk around the neighborhood to check out the surrounding influences on the Victorian. It was set back from the street just a bit, which was perfect because it created protection from the hectic surrounding businesses. I fired up my sage stick, which is so huge I always think of the State of Liberty and her torch, and started walking through the backyard garden, invoking clearing and healing as I went.
The fairy garden had been recently planted, and it was clear to me the gardener that James hired loved the plants, the land and what he did. The energy felt clear except for the landing that came off the master bedroom. I sensed a lot of fear there. I asked James about it, and he said he did not like walking down the steps because he was afraid he might fall. I cleared the fear energy, and then we placed large planters on the steps and landing to create the feeling of being “held in” and safe.
Next, I moved through James’s apartment waving my torch the whole way. There was a blockage of energy near the front entryway, which I cleared. It felt like an old thoughtform, but I really was not sure. It left. I continued upstairs to clear the staircase and landing. That is when the strangest thing happened.
I suddenly started hearing the music of an old-fashioned player piano as well as people laughing, talking and being rowdy. I mentally saw visuals of a time in the early 1800s and the people who had lived in the house. It appeared to have been some kind of boardinghouse with lots of people coming and going. I then moved into the apartment in question.
When I first opened the door, I immediately felt the heavy energies there. The last two tenants in particular had many problems, so I spent time clearing their emotions, thoughts and intentions. After that layer cleared, I experienced a deep sadness, desperation and pain. I intuited its source and came into contact with a deceased man who had died of alcoholism in the bedroom. His spirit was stuck in the pain of that life and he needed help crossing over. After invoking his guides and angels to assist his release, he left with gratitude that he was free to move on. I can only conclude his energy was creating and attracting people of like vibration. I can always tell when a place is “cleared” because it literally “lightens up.”
After clearing all the unsupportive energies, I created an invocation for a healing and blessing for all who live in the building. This included calling in the angel of the building. I believe every structure has an angelic overseer and it is important to give thanks for their help. (More about this in another blog.) I then thanked the garden fairies and earth spirits and asked them for their energetic support of the land and building. I asked James to spend time connecting with them to create a community of cooperation. I was done.
James then held an open house to rent the apartment in question. When he walked into the apartment, there was no foreboding energy. He remarked that even though the blinds were drawn and the apartment was dim and empty of furniture, he felt an overall peace and wellbeing. The open house was extremely successful in that James got a great tenant on the first day of showing.
After the clearing and blessing, James says, “I feel at home in my apartment and no longer feel like a stranger or that I should leave. I feel at home now. Everything is peaceful. I do not feel like my house is falling down around me anymore. The building actually feels structurally sound, even though it needs repairs. I think Holly’s work overall is very worthwhile and a gift to the universe. She heals the split between solar and lunar forces.”
.”
I love and enjoy doing this new work because it is about healing spirit, self and nature. Please let me know if you have any questions or want my service!

1 comment:

leslie said...

Greetings to All,

My name is Leslie Selby and I am blessed to say that I have known Holly for 20 years. It is truly an honor to call her friend, mentor and teacher. She and my Angel/Guide/Main Dude Coehen have a great relationship too! Holly has guided me and kept me sane through many difficult situations in which I am eternally grateful.

Earlier this month, Holly came over heal my land. I knew in my heart of hearts the land was perfectly fine. The fairies and creatures in my yard guide me on what to do, no problem.

The problem was on the inside….. Of my house and ME. I just let her rip. It was time and I needed help on this. The experience was like a channeling in motion. It was so cool. It was an opportunity for her to see the total picture of who I truly was. Holly noticed and appreciated everything I put into this house, clutter/crap and all! The house and I both needed serious work though.

What was uncovered was my shame. The clutter covered up my shame and someone needed to bust its’ cover! Holly to the rescue, yeah!!

I discovered the strategies to avoid shame actually caused more shame and it was a vicious cycle. She asked other important questions of me about the way I wanted things to be. I don’t want to go into all the details but convey to you that it was one of the best decisions I have made (but you can never go wrong with anything Holly is involved in).
We collectively moved a lot emotional energy and now I am doing the physical energy of releasing all of the material objects that are no longer serving me. I am making space to share my life with a significant other. My home is becoming at physical peace because the useless weight of “stuff” is being released from its’ presence.

Thank you Holly! I feel so much lighter. Boxes of crap are leaving my house in the back of the 4-Runner twice a week and “The Warden” is coming to pick up his work bench in the garage next week! 